2013年9月10日火曜日

Eagle Board

I had a chance to design a circuit board using a software called Eagle, and get that board manufactured using a service called OSH Park.

What we created is a simple breakout board for an LED whose pins are spaced 0.2", but won't fit a breadboard because there's nowhere to plug it in. So we created this board that connects the LED, 3 resisters, and a way to connect it to the breadboard.

Eagle board
Eagle board

What I thought was very cool was that there is a service called OSH Park, which is a community printed circuit board (PCB) order. They take designs from lots of people, put them all together on a panel and then order the panel from a fab. Since they're all splitting the panel setup cost, this lets us make circuit boards inexpensively.

When I uploaded my board data, they convert it like this.

Eagle board
Eagle board
Eagle board
Eagle board
Eagle board

I think the price differs based on how big your board is. Since mine was a test, and it was really small, it only cost $3.85 for 3 boards, including shipping. Amazingly inexpensive!!

And this is what I got delivered :D

OSH park board

You can sort of see "Fumi" at the top ;)

OSH park board

Thanks to Tim Hatch for teaching me!

Update 9/21
It looks like pricing of OSH Park depends on how big your schematics is. For the same items as mine, someone made $1.85, so I guess my board needs a lot of improvement- didn't really think about that ;)

I also learned about Manhattan building ;)

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not reflect those of my employer. -Fumi Yamazaki

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿